For the Love of Pups
If you're reading this, you probably know what it's like to do things solely out of love for your dog. In the little things you do every day, you have your pup at the forefront of your thoughts.
- Going out to lunch: you search for a local dog-friendly cafe.
- Planning a vacation: you scroll through your address book to find someone who can stay with your baby because Lord knows boarding her isn't an option.
- Choosing a dog food: you take her to Petco and let her sniff every bag of food they carry until she "picks" the one that she wants.
- Running errands: you contemplate daily making her a service dog so she can shop the Target Christmas collections with you.
- Sitting on the couch: you sit in utter discomfort as long as your pup is stretched out and content.
Maybe some of you are a little more sane that I am and are thinking that these are a little extreme, but at the end of the day all of us dog moms go above and beyond for our babes in one way or another.
That is how Sadie & Co. got started. As some of you know, my name is Justine and Sadie is my 9-month-old cocker spaniel. From the minute I picked Sadie up and she became mine, I began to bend over backwards for her. If she wanted to cuddle, I picked her up and held her. If she wanted to sleep, I made up the perfect little dog bed for her. If she wanted to play, I gathered every toy in the house and threw every ball as many times as she wanted to run after them. Nine months later and nothing has changed - in fact, it's only gotten worse!
Because I know that so many of you are just like me, and because I feel so strongly that our dogs are so much more than just pets, I started Sadie & Co. Not only is the shop a tribute to my sweet girl, but it's based on the belief that we should give our dogs just about everything. Cuddles, treats, kisses...and one-of-a-kind accessories.
We hope all of you out there keep putting your puppies first and giving them all that they could ever want and more. Because after all, it's for the love of pups.